Thursday, October 12, 2006

Scripture for the day


Right now I am in a new Women's Bible study on Wednesday nights. We are doing Beth Moore's THE PATRIARCHS. What a wonderful study it is. Last night the main summary of the study was to know your blessings. Be thankful for your blessings and not look to what you don't have. It was a huge eye opener for myself. I know that I can easily look at the negative or things that I don't have or think I need. Instead of finding goodness in the blessings he has given me already. Well here is a scripture that I love and will leave you with today.

Rejoice always, pray with out ceasing, give thanks in everything; for this is God's will in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! How true it is that we tend to spend a lot of time "looking over the fence"! "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS..." for God is GOOD -- ALL THE TIME!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Mel, last night's study spoke to my heart as well. I keep thinking of the old hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" the part about new mercies every morning and His hand providing everything I need. I am so glad to have Him to lean on!

Here are the lyrics:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

Love,
Katie