Friday, February 29, 2008

SOLD

It is amazing how God works! Sunday night a couple called at 5:30 and asked if they could look at our house. Tim and I were getting ready to go to care group so I was thinking it was just not good timing. Then I remembered that I had already cleaned the house earlier for another couple that came, and I wasn't going to do it again the next day, so why not. Tim decided to stay home to show them the house and then come late to care group.

  • Monday morning she called and said "Can we meet to make an offer?" I said yes and picked Wednesday evening to meet.
  • They showed up at 6:30 we visited and started going over papers. I was a little lost with all the legalities. These forms are seriously ridiculous. I finally asked "So what is your offer, I am confused?"
  • Tim said "They are offering what we asked."
  • Praise God! I wanted to jump out of my seat.
  • All the paper work is done and we have the earnest money. We plan to turn it all in on Monday.
  • That evening Tim came into the bedroom with tears in his eyes. He said "Maybe this was my brothers Birthday gift to me." That day was Ian's 19th Birthday. It sent chills down me. I then cried as well knowing that God's timing is not our timing.

There was a reason the house did not sell last year with our Realtor. He knew that it was not the right time. Now looking back I felt that our patience were tested. I am pleased as well as God is that we were obedient. I Thank God for all the blessings that he has given this family. We are going to miss this little house but it is time to move on. I thank you all for your prayers and comments!

11 comments:

Kristie said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for this new chapter in your life!!

Katie said...

I'm going to miss that house as well, but then again, I am always a little resistant to change. The most important thing is that you feel God's direction and you are following his lead. I pray that you will continue to follow him all the days of your life...he will never misdirect you!!

Love you :)

Lindsay said...

How exciting!! and what an answer to prayer!!

His timing is perfect & He will continue to guide you in AWESOME ways!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love you friend -

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!

Does this mean your moving a little further away though :(?

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sooooo excited for you guys!!!
Now you have to go out and celebrate!

Nicole said...

Yeah! congratulations! Brought tears to my eyes. Gods timing is perfect. I hope you don't move to far away.

Kailin said...

How exciting! What is next for your family?

Melissa said...

Not sure yet but we are looking at some places here in Hermiston and Stanfield because we both commute to Pendleton, Tim does Mon-Fri. We have decided not to move to Pendleton.

Shannon said...

phew!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!!

Crystal said...

It's so good to hear about answered prayer! I'm truly happy for you friend!